Summer Cocktail: Limoncello Collins
Tom Collins is one of those old-school cocktail hour style drinks that I have never tried.
The idea of lemon and mint over ice at the end of a long summer day sounds refreshing and relaxing.
Give it a try in the meantime and let me know what you think!
- 16 ounces limoncello (lemon-flavored liqueur)
- 12 ounces gin (I prefer this one)
- 8 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 24 paper–thin lemon slices
- 16 ounces chilled club soda
- 8 mint sprigs
- In a pitcher, combine the limoncello, gin and lemon juice
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours
- Press 3 thin lemon slices against the inside of each of 8 collins glasses
- Add ice to the glasses
- Stir the limoncello mixture and pour it into the glasses
- Stir 2 ounces of club soda into each drink
- Garnish with a mint sprig