Summer Cocktail: Jalapeño-Spiked Bourbon Julep
In the last week I checked two items off of my Summer Bucket List!
Moms Afternoon Off...Check!
Try a new yummy delicious Summer Cocktail......Check!
This week continuing on with my bucket list I'm trying a new drink Jalapeño-Spiked Bourbon Julep.
Spicy, sweet, cold, refreshing with a kick it's a great way to wind down while BBQ'ing dinner!
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- 1 oz. Jalapeño Simple Syrup (recipe follows)
- Crushed Ice
- 2 1/2 oz. bourbon
- Club Soda
- 1 very thinly sliced jalapeño round
Jalapeño Simple Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- In a small saucepan over high heat, combine 1 cup water, sugar, and jalapeños. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat and let steep 20 minutes
- Strain syrup, discard jalapeños, and cool syrup. (Simple syrup can be refrigerated, in an airtight container, for up to 6 months.)
- In a julep cup, pour Jalapeño Simple Syrup and add mint; gently bruise leaves with a muddler or wooden spoon
- Add enough crushed ice to fill two-thirds of the cup
- Add bourbon to the cup and stir gently
- Then add a bit more crushed ice
- Top with a splash of club soda. Garnish with mint sprig and jalapeño