Baked Salmon With Lemon & Dill
We had a great dinner for Mother’s Day. It was so effortless to make it reminded me how delicious an easy dinner can be!
Next time you need a family dinner that can be popped in the oven and ready fast give this recipe for Baked Salmon With Lemon & Dill a try.
It won’t disappoint!
- 1 1/2-pound salmon fillet, or two 12-ounce fillets, preferably wild-caught
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into slices
- 3 to 4 sprigs of fresh dill, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon blanc
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F
- Lightly oil and season both sides of the salmon with salt and pepper
- Arrange lemon slices and fresh herbs on the bottom of a baking dish large enough to fit the salmon, and then place the salmon, skin-side down, onto the bed of lemon and herbs (place a few lemon slices ontop to make it pretty!)
- Pour wine into the baking dish, and then cover with aluminum foil
- Bake the salmon until the fish flakes (about 12 to 30 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets)
- Take the salmon out of the oven and loosely cover with foil for 5 minutes (the fish will continue to cook during this time)
- Serve, scattered with chopped fresh herbs on top
Use a rice cooker to make easy rice and stem some asparagus with lemon and butter ontop for the perfect meal.