Grilled Broccoli With Mustard Sauce
Strangely enough the one food I can always count on Leo eating is Broccoli!
Nothing makes me happier when I see him munching away on one of the green stems or devouring the floret.
Needless to say we have been eating allot of broccoli in our house as a result.
While Leo likes this vegetable plain and simple, Marcelo and I feel the need to dress it up a bit for ourselves.
Since we have the grill going almost every night we've been cooking our vegetables along with everything else outside.
Grilled Broccoli in a Mustard Sauce is the perfect side dish to steak or barbecued chicken.
Give it a try!
- 2 small heads of broccoli (about 1½ pounds)
- Kosher salt
- ½ cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mustard oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1½ teaspoons Kashmiri chili powder or paprika
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Vegetable oil (for grill)
- Trim & peel broccoli stems, then cut away from heads. Slice lengthwise into ¼"-thick planks. Break up heads into large florets.
- Cook florets and stems in a large pot of boiling salted water until bright green and crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Drain, then transfer to a bowl of ice water to cool. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Whisk yogurt, mustard oil, mustard, chili powder, chaat masala, cumin, and turmeric in a large bowl.
- Add broccoli and toss to coat; season with salt.
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat; oil grate.
- Grill broccoli, turning occasionally, until charred in spots, 5–7 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter