Health Snack: Wine Bar Nut Mix Recipe
Since I’ve been working the mid-morning snack has come back into my day.
Trying to find something easy to grab and eat while multitasking has been a bit of trial and error.
Then my genius Mom friend recommended snacking on nuts.
My first reaction was, “aren’t they high in calories?”
She went on to remind me of all the health benefits of nuts: lots of antioxidants, high protein (so it keeps you full), they can’t lower cholesterol and reduce your chances of heart attacks later in life.
Ontop of that they are super easy to store and pack up to go!
If your looking to do something a little fancier than roasted here’s a great recipe for Wine Bar Nut Mix combining all the best flavors into one.
- 2 cups pecans
- 2 cups almonds
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely minced mixed herbs, such as rosemary, sage, savory and thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- In a bowl, toss the nuts with the maple syrup, olive oil, herbs and cayenne
- Spread the nuts on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned
- Season the nuts with salt and pepper and toss frequently until cooled