Trader Joe's Food Hacks: Thai Red Curry
Trader Joe's always saves the day for us. Their pre-made frozen food is makes busy weeknite dinners so easy. They also have so many short cut ingredients in case you have an unexpected late day at work and need to throw together a quick nutritious meal.
Over the weekend it was snowing. Anytime it snows Marcelo and I get Thai takeout. Then eat it on the couch while watching a movie.
This time delivery was going to take forever and we did not want to dig the car out of the driveway.
Luckily I had a trick up my sleeve and we were able to make a delicious warm red curry dinner with some Trader Joe's staples.
Here's our snowy day recipe for Thai Red Curry using Trader Joe's pantry fillers!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, olive oil or vegetable oil
- 11 oz bottle Trader Joe's Thai Red Curry Sauce
- 14 oz can Trader Joe's Coconut Cream
- 12 oz package Trader Joe's Organic Jasmine Frozen Microwave Rice
- Any and as much frozen or pre-sliced Trader Joe's veggies (I like string beans, carrots and broccoli)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet on high heat
- Brown the chicken for 2 minutes on each side
- Lower the heat to medium high and add the curry sauce and coconut cream an cook for 5 minutes
- While the chicken is cooking, cook the rice noodles according to the directions on the package
- When the chicken is fully cooked, lower the heat to a simmer.
- Spoon rice on to plates and top with chicken, vegetables and curry sauce
(Bonus add Basil leaves for a a flavor kick)