Trader Joe's Food Hacks: Asparagus, Mushroom, and Ricotta Pappardelle Pasta
How was your Valentine's Day?
As usual Marcelo and I save going out for the weekend after Valentine's Day and cook a relaxing dinner at home the day of.
Then we remembered Trader Joe's and their delicious ready made food items.
Voila! A scrumptious lovely meal for two.
- 3 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cup asparagus cut into 1 inch sections
- 1 cup pre-sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 package pappardelle pasta
- 1 cup ricotta
- Preheat oven 475 degrees
- On baking sheet place asparagus, mushrooms, shallots; drizzle with 3 tablespoons olive oil, toss, season with salt and pepper
- Roast, tossing once, for 20 minutes or until browned
- Bring pot of salted water to boil and cook pasta according to package directions, reserving 1 cup of pasta water
- Meanwhile, In large skillet melt butter, add onion and cook for 2 minutes, add garlic, cook 2 more minutes stirring
- Add spinach, lemon zest, and season with salt and pepper
- Reduce heat to low and cook to wilt spinach
- Place drained noodles into skillet with cooked vegetables
- Place ricotta in small bowl and slowly whisking in the reserved hot pasta water
- Pour ricotta over noodles and toss
- Place noodles in bowls with roasted veggies on top