Sheet Pan Supper: Roasted Chicken and Carrots With Olives and Lemons
Monday's can just be the worst. By the time 5 PM rolls around the last thing you want to do is start cooking and then start cleaning all the pots and pans. I usually plan a slow cooker meal on these days to make life easier. But with a 1 year old sometimes the morning gets away from you. By 12 PM it's too late to start a meal that needs 8 hours to cook.
These days I like to make a super simple ridiculously delicious Sheet Pan Supper
what I love about it is everything goes on one tray and into the oven. When you're done peel off the aluminum foil and give toss the pan into the dishwasher.
Here's one of my favorites to make and eat. Roasted Chicken and Carrots With Olives and Lemons. (If you want add some potatoes to the pan they come out lemony and mouthwatering.)
- 1 chicken (3½ to 4 pounds), cut into 10 pieces
- 2 pounds carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces (halved lengthwise if thick)
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Heat oven to 425° F. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the chicken, carrots, olives, bay leaves, lemon, oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Arrange in a single layer and sprinkle the chicken with the paprika.
- Roast, tossing the vegetables once, until the chicken is cooked through and the carrots are tender, 45 to 50 minutes.