Happy Father's Day & Blueberry Pancakes
Yesterday was Marcelo's 2nd Father's Day and guess what?! I forgot all about it!
Luckily while I was out buying socks for Leo I overheard a sales person wishing a customer a Happy Father's Day.
Last year we were so on top of Mother's & Father's Day. This year we've been so busy they both just creeped up on us.
So instead of strawberry picking which we had originally planned it ended up being: homemade blueberry pancakes, watching home movies, playing with Leo in his new paddle pool, surf & turf dinner and ice cream desert. Not too shabby after all!
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY MARCELO!
Homemade Blueberry Pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half & half
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or cooking spray
- Whisk ingredients together
- Heat a small pan on low over stove top
- When pan is heated give a quick spritz with cooking spray
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of batter into the pan
- Sprinkle blueberries into the batter in the pan
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until bubbles rise & burst from the batter
- Flip pancake and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes