Mexican Hot Chocolate
Spicy food when it's cold out is the ultimate way to warm up.
That's why I love this Mexican Hot Chocolate recipe.
The fiery chili powder combined with the smooth chocolate is a great way to weather a snow storm.
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1 teaspoon Masa Harina
- 3 ounces Mexican Chocolate Chopped Or Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Pinch Of Salt
- Pinch Of Ancho Chili Powder
- Dash Of Vanilla
- In a medium saucepan heat milk over medium heat until small bubbles appear around the edges
- Stir in masa harina and chocolate
- Whisk to combine until chocolate is melted
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to simmer
- Add the cinnamon, salt, and chili powder and whisk again
- Simmer for 5 minutes thickened
- Remove from heat
- Stir in vanilla, and serve immediately
This hot chocolate is so nice and thick you can serve it with starwberries or churros for dunking. Even doughnuts if you's like.