Monica's Moist Maker Sandwich Recipe
Friend's Thanksgiving episodes are such classics. Girls v Boys Football, Locked out of the apartment (potatoes are ruined, potatoes are ruined, potatoes are ruined!) Joey with a turkey on his head.
But the one I always think about this time of year is the episode with Monica's Moist Maker Sandwich. Do you remember this one? Monica's makes such an amazing turkey sandwich for Ross that when his co-worker eats it he flips out. The secret he says is the layer of bread soaked in gravy, which also gives it the name "moist maker"
It's so famous it's even on Urban Dictionary
Since I can't stop thinking about this November 24th I am making Monica's Moist Maker Sandwich, finally!
Here is the recipe if you want to give it a try as well!!
- 1/4 cup leftover gravy
- 3 slices thick sliced sandwich bread
- 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 3 slices green leaf lettuce
- 1/4 pound leftover roasted turkey, shredded or cut
- 2 tablespoons leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons leftover cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup leftover stuffing
- Place a slice of bread on a large plate. Pour gravy over the bread and set aside to soak.
- Place another slice of bread on a dinner plate and spread with mayonnaise.
- Place 1 slice of lettuce over the bread, spread on cranberry sauce, and add half the turkey. Sprinkle half the stuffing over the turkey.
- Place the gravy-soaked “moist maker” over the stuffing.
- Layer another slice of lettuce, spread on remaining cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, then add remaining stuffing and turkey.
- Spread the last slice of bread with mustard and place on top.
- Attach threatening note so no one eats your sandwich.